Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default for those of you who say land lines are reliable

On Aug 5, 10:49*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"N8N" wrote in message
this is getting rediculous, Verizon has to have the worst customer
service of any "legitimate" company in the history of this country. *I
mean, I can't imagine anyone else providing such awful service and
staying in business. *Why *don't* more people just cancel their land
lines? *(I know why my parents don't, they live too far out in the
country to get cable. *Otherwise...)

I've been a homeowner for 43 years in a couple of different states. *I
honestly can't think of a singe time I did not have phone service, even in
severe storms when power was out. *Cell reception, OTOH, is very spotty..

I don't doubt your mother's problems, but she is a very tiny minority. *I'm
keeping my land line, and the DSL that is more reliable than my cable
service.

It just seems odd to me that she would be in a "minority" when I've
had the same problem in two different states. so that's at least
three states in my experience where you can't count on the phone co.

nate