Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Sharpening a Forstner bit

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:40:54 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I have a large (3.5") Forstner bit that has lost its edge. Is there a
DIY way to sharpen it, or is this something that must be done by a
professional? It looks like I might be able to hone the teeth and the
knife edges, but I'd like to hear what you folks have to say about it
before I do.

If you had gone to google.com and typed in your subject line you would
have gotten 13000 hits or so including 3 minute videos and a huge
discussion of the different types of forstner bits.

It is pretty straightforward. Buy a good file and go for it.

Jim