Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default OT-Bill Clinton

On Aug 5, 8:00*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:
Same with your immigrants from Mexico. It is

courtesy to communicate at the level of your host.

I have always maintained that the price of admission is to learn the
language.

Expressed this idea to my auto mechanic, a man of Mexican extraction,
indicating that there appears to be a lack of desire of the Mexican
immigrants to learn our language.

Mechanic responded, "Lew you have to understand that for the most
part, these people have had almost no formal education of any kind and
are barely literate in Spanish."

Puts a whole different light on things.

Lew

Fair enough. BUT... don't brow-beat me when *I* don't speak Spanish.
That's all I am saying.