Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT-Bill Clinton

Robatoy wrote:
On Aug 5, 6:08 pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
A great deal of her effectiveness is going to waste because she is
female. Those white-robed fig-suckers in Saudi aren't going to pay
attention to anything she says and that holds true in many parts of
the world. " Don't need no lip from no biatch!"

Hmm. I don't think your stereotyping is particularly productive (nor
accurate)

Then somebody explain to me that when my BIL worked in Saudi, my
sister did not get a visa to visit him in case she (and many others)
shed some of her western cooties on the Saudi women. Yet Hillary is
supposed to be able to sit down and talk turkey about US interests
with that same crowd? That would make them what? Hypocrites?
I guess it is okay for those Middle Eastern nations to slurp up
western dollars in exchange for oil even though some of that oil goes
to Jimmy Swaggart powering his car on his way to a hooker or some
factory using oil-based plastics to make dildos.
Makes sense to me. Let's defend the culture of Africa's cannibals
while we are at it. Female circumcision is cool because THEY think it
is cool.

There is a certain type of t-shirt which is referred to as a 'wife-
beater'. That disgusts me.
Very close friends of Ang and I work in the fields of domestic
violence and fight the denigration of women.
So, for me to label somebody a white-robed fig sucker is somehow
offensive but to set a woman on fire for being in a car with somebody
who isn't her husband isn't?

That whole culture that treats their camels or yaks with more respect
than their women disgusts me.
But not enough to justify the senseless killing that goes on with the
Palestinians.
Complicated, eh?

Several comments:

Hypocrisy gets a bad rap - it's not necessarily bad. 90% of gynecologists
are men.

I applaud your dedication to the righting of wrongs, but fear some of your
targets are misplaced. For example, according to the CDC, more MEN are the
victims of severe domestic violence (death or serious bodily injury) than
are women, but we are woefully underserved! In fact, there's only ONE men's
domestic violence shelter in the nation (I think Pittsburgh).

More men are raped each day than women (think prisons).

As to the "wife beater," I suppose, on some level, some women enjoy it. I
stopped a guy once who had taken his girlfriend's face and used it to bust
out the window of his car. After I handcuffed him and put him in the back of
my patrol car, I had a long conversation with her - or as long as I could on
the side of the road. Finally, in desperation, I gave her an ultimatum:
"Lady, are you going to file charges? Because if not, I've got to cut him
loose."

She said no!

I had one more chance: I stopped him on the way back to his car, looked him
right in the eye, and, with my best Clint Eastwood imitation, I said:
"Listen up, asshole, you touch that woman again and you'll have ME to deal
with! You got that straight?"

His exact words: "**** you. When I get her home, I'm gonna beat her so bad
she won't be able to lay down! Get in the car woman!"

And they drove away and lived happily ever after.

I was so frustrated over the whole sorry affair that, when I got off duty, I
went home and beat my wife.