Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default (OT?) Washing machine on it way out?

slider wrote:

Possible drum bearing failure? Open the door and pull the drum up from
leading edge, if excessive movement maybe the bearing has failed?
I know my Hotpoint currently has this fault and we are looking to replace.

That's what I thought, when I was told the symptoms remotely by my son.
Ordered new machine, as I couldn't get near it for ages, and
everything else that had come with that flat had died.

When I did get there there was a 2p inside one of the agitator thingies
in the drum. I was not happy.

Andy