Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default for those of you who say land lines are reliable

Zootal wrote:
"N8N" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 2:30 pm, dpb wrote:
N8N wrote:

...Verizon ...
... Why *don't* more people just cancel their land
lines? (I know why my parents don't, they live too far out in the
country to get cable. Otherwise...)

Because the land line _IS_ more reliable.

It never ****ing works! She called me on her cell phone to tell me
her land line wasn't working again. Now explain to me how the land
line is more reliable.

She is a very small miniority. My phone line has only had problems once in
the last 20 years. My internet connection can't go a week without
experiencing outages. And cable? I've had cable in many homes and buildings
and I've never once found it to be reliable enough that I would trust my
telephone service to it.

YMMV...

I have Cox cable and internet and if the power is on, the cable is on.
In fact it's more reliable than the power. I've successfully been
online while the power has been out (laptop; cable modem on UPS)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel