Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default for those of you who say land lines are reliable

wrote:
On Aug 5, 2:44 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:13:19 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:
Does she have POTS service or the new broadband deal?

Dunno about him, but my folks have Verizon POTS service, and it goes
out about once a year. They call Verizon and they ALWAYS, without
fail, threaten my mother that if they find the problem inside the
house, that she will have to pay for the repairs. They don't inform,
they THREATEN.

Possibly, but what would people be wining about if they did a truck roll
and found fluffy had chewed a wire under the coffee table?

Their responsibility ends at the NID. On the few times I have had to
call them (both for elderly relatives, two total times over 10 years)
they were simply upfront about following troubleshooting. I informed
them I had plugged a known good phone into the NID. They did a truck
roll. They fixed the problem. One case was a leaky protector and the
other was because of the overhead drop getting trashed by tree branches.