Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default for those of you who say land lines are reliable

On Aug 5, 4:10*pm, wrote:
On Aug 5, 2:44*pm, wrote:

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:13:19 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:
Does she have POTS service or the new broadband deal?

Dunno about him, but my folks have Verizon POTS service, and it goes
out about once a year. They call Verizon and they ALWAYS, without
fail, threaten my mother that if they find the problem inside the
house, that she will have to pay for the repairs. They don't inform,
they THREATEN.

make them put in one of those grey demarc boxes where the wire enters
the house, that way they can say with 100% certainty that the failure
is Not Their Problem by simply plugging a hard wired phone into the
demarc with the line going into the house disconnected.

nate