Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT-Bill Clinton

I think calling someone a "white robed fig sucker" is not in any way
recognizing the bigotry of others. It is just a racist slur, at best.
I don't dispute that their backwards thinking in terms of basic human
rights, specifically as it relates to women is diplorable, but that
doesn't give anyone a freedom to degrade them.

Also, I think you are very backwards to think we shouldn't put a women
in any position simply because she is a woman. We know that their
feelings on this are wrong. Even better to put it in their face and
show the proper respect to any intelligent human by picking whoever is
best for a job regardless of gender.

You need to join the 21st century and stop thinking like those 12
century idealogs.

Now what is it that male chauvinists suck on, hmmmm...

On Aug 5, 12:50*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
SonomaProducts.com wrote:
I really shouldn't reply here on this subject and just let it go but I
don't want anyone to think I could support such language. Frankly I
find the comment about the Saudis, for whom I have no great love in
general, quite distasteful and somewhat bigoted. I realize there are
some Saudis who might say similar or worse things about Americans or
maybe even just westerners in general, but you sir have just proven
yourself to be the same.

It's not bigotry to recognize bigotry in others. The facts are that the
Saudis regard women as something significantly less than men. Right or
wrong, that is a fact. Likewise for many of the Saudi's co-religionists.

It is a huge mistake on the part of our country to have a female
representing us in that part of the world.

And I felt the same way about Condi Rice (and to a lesser extent about Colin
Powell).

As an aside, have you ever had a Middle-eastern fig? They're as big as an
apple - and quite tasty.