Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT-Bill Clinton

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
...snipped...
There's also an alternative. When faced with a similar situation, a
Republican president proclaimed: "America wants Pedicaris alive, or
Raisuli dead!"

And this same president said, a little later, "Gentlemen, nothing in
this world is certain - absolutely nothing. The fate of the nation
will be decided by the American people in November, and the fate of
Morocco will be decided tomorrow by me."

------------------

A nice story but it was actually John Hay, the Sec of State, who made
the 1st remark, and the accurate quote is "This government wants
Perdicaris alive or Raisuli dead." And then Roosevelt backed down,
quietly got
France and England to pressure the ruler of Morocco to accept
Raisuli's demands, after which Perdicaris was released. Roosevelt and
Hay kept that part secret at the time, the facts not being made
public til about 30 years later.

So YOU say. I get my information from the authoritative movie quotes
database:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073906/quotes