Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

We still can't manufacture most big-ticket items, like cars and machine
tools, as effectively and efficiently as they can. Neither can Australia.
Whatever you think of their policy, it works for manufacturing, better than
your policies or ours.

GMFanuc iirc was GM and Fanuc working to bring robotics to the US auto industry. I
suspect GM management w/o out the union would have been able to manufacture autos
efficiently.

Mazak makes machines in Kentucky. Bases are milled on a huge Eagle Picher VMC. Likely
the machine has been retro'd with Mitzubushi controls but we did build it initially.

The difference is the Japanese government doesn't look at companies as the enemy like the
current majority goverment in the US does.

Wes