Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian Richard the Dreaded Libertarian is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:28:36 -0700, cs_posting wrote:
On Aug 5, 3:21*am, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Stuart Wheaton writes:
Right, it is the destruction of old crappy machines that get lousy
mileage.

Fine, function, running machines with $1000s in remaining value.

During the Great Depression, WWII, and for a while after, owning an
automobile was an unfulfilled ambition for most people. *How far we have,
where we have so many that we must destroy them.

There is no "must" - participation in the program is not mandatory.

I doubt many people are going to be destroying cars that are worth
more than the subsidy; the point of spending public money on this
subsidy is to buy inefficient vehicles off the road and prop up the
automakers - the old the vehicles are not destroyed, it becomes simply
a cash handout with little greater public benefit.

Don't forget subsidizing Government Motors and the UAW.

It reminds me of the Snake Ouroborous, eating its own tail.

Thanks,
Rich