Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] cs_posting@hotmail.com is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

On Aug 5, 12:32*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Reports 18 mpg when I ran it through the eligibility calculator. *If
they replace it with a 30 mpg civicarolla...

Consider the passenger-mile economy. *Load that Windstar up with
bodies, and it'll whip the ass of any econo-car.

Actually, no, it won't. The windstar seats 6 in the configuration I
recall, maybe 7 in another. The civicarolla seats 5.

7 * 18 mpg = 126

5 * 30 = 150

Now granted, putting 5 people in a compact may not make them happy,
but I've done it on occasion. More importantly, you have to look at
how many passengers is typical - outside of dedicated carpool service
or large family ownership, I'm guess the average is under 3, in which
case the compact is both comfortable and far, far more efficient.