Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
Stealth Pilot wrote:

in australia parts are generally only available for 20 years so a 20
year old car starts being unmaintainable. hell they all last 20 years
in our country.

I'm not familiar with your car models, but when I was there earlier this
year, out in the country, I noticed a lot of cars that looked to be well
over 20 years old. And not restored classics or hotrods (though did see a
few of those as well) but daily drivers. This impressed me. I've just
never understood the fascination so many have here with buying a new car
every couple years.

The per capita GDP (PPP) in the US is around $47,000. In Australia, it's
$36,000. That's why.

--
Ed Huntress