Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stealth Pilot Stealth Pilot is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 02:21:32 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Stuart Wheaton writes:

Right, it is the destruction of old crappy machines that get lousy
mileage.

Fine, function, running machines with $1000s in remaining value.

During the Great Depression, WWII, and for a while after, owning an
automobile was an unfulfilled ambition for most people. How far we have,
where we have so many that we must destroy them.

We so resemble Japan. They destroy (*) cars over 3 years old for "safety"
reasons.

(*) Destroy by applying a prohibitive tax on ownership

we used to see a lot of those 3 year old cars imported into australia.
most went on to give years, decades, of trouble free running until one
of the unique to japan pollution mods stuffed up. then it was off for
scrap.