Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default vinyl window construction

I am about to pull the trigger on replacement windows and have a
question regarding the construction of vinyl windows. Three different
brands of windows have been quoted to me and I want to know if anyone
has any experience or opinions on which models are better construction.

Silverline/Andersen 8500 Series LowE/Argon/Foam Filled 0.30
http://silverlinewindows.com/product...RP&type=double

B.F. Rich Horizon LowE/Argon 0.30
http://www.bfrich.com/horizon.html

Alside Excalibur LowE/Argon 0.30
http://www.alside.com/index.aspx?page=79

They all meet the new standard for the Federal Credit. The Silverline
has a foam-filled frame for rigidity. The Alside I was shown had metal
bars inside the frame although the website doesn't show that. The B.F.
Rich doesn't seem to have either.

The Alside is Window World's model and they were the most expensive
quote. The other two are local contractors that have been in business
for quite a while. All windows seem to have similar warranties.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the benefits of the foam-filled frames
vs. the other two?