Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Converting a ATX PS to 13.8v

In article ,
Franc Zabkar wrote:
AISI, the main rails are regulated via the error amp at pins 16, 17,
and 18. The OP would need to remove/modify the resistors at the IN
pin.

The TL431's at the FB2 and FB1 pins regulate the +3.3V and +5VSB
supplies. I don't believe they need to be touched. I suspect, though,
that the +3.3V regulator will be working flat out to bring the output
down, if indeed it can.

Google gave this hit:-

http://www.chirio.com/atx_14_volt.htm

Which says to use 1N4448 in the 3.3, 5 and 12v error sensing rails, which
I did.
No difference. Tried changing the resistor feeding 'IN' with a pot and
altering that from the fixed value cause shut down.

--
*If I throw a stick, will you leave?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.