Posted to rec.woodworking
Scatter Scatter is offline

Default Parallel Jaw Clamps

On 2009-08-02, dpb wrote:
They're all so over-priced imo I've never bought anything except pipe
clamps for heavy work and the lite-weight bar clamps for anything else
that doesn't need either the reach or the length...

The Bessy UniKlamps are a cheaper (but lighter duty) version of the
K's. They're not as smooth as the K's but I couldn't justify the price
of the K's when I bought them.

Despite their limitations I love them and they've become my "go to"
clamps. The large parallel jaws and decent holding force make them
useful in all sorts of situations. I wish all of my other clamps were
as good as them - but then I don't own any of the other premium brands.