Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 06:18:52 GMT, the infamous Stealth Pilot
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:10:40 -0700 (PDT), Gerry
wrote:

Well, you folks wanted change. You got it, like it or not. Now you
will have to live with it. The thing about the cash for clunkers that
gets me is that the program is hurting the very people that need help
the worst-those that cannot buy a NEW car even with the $4500 co-
payment. These are the poor folks who would benifite from having one
of the 10 year old but still running fine "clunkers" being destroyed.

what the hell is this idea of a 10 year old car being a clunker?
surely american knowhow can produce a car that lasts more than 10
years.

I think the idea is to remove all vehicles which don't measure up to
the current gas mileage standards.

in australia parts are generally only available for 20 years so a 20
year old car starts being unmaintainable. hell they all last 20 years
in our country.

maybe that's why american manufacturing is going down the gurgler.
you guys losing the technological edge?

Yes, to the government-mandated edge. big sigh

You'll be reading a whole lot more about those for the next 3.5 years,
or until something stronger than a symbolic tea party hits town.

My guess is that Obama is likely to be remembered as the root cause
(the stimulus, if you will) for American Revolution v2.0.

--
"It was difficult for the three of us to write a book titled _The End
of Prosperity_."

"We're not doom and gloom people; we're natural optimists. And we're not
part of the trendy set of intellectuals who like to trash our nation,
blame America first for all the world's problems, or worst of all,
predict with glee America's downfall as some kind of punishment for our
alleged past environmental crimes, racism, financial mismanagement, greed,
overconsumption, imperialism, or whatever the latest chic attack on the
United States is."
--page one, by Arthur B. Laffer, Stephen Moore, & Peter Tanous