Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default appliance insurance???

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Paul Oman wrote:
anyone have any experience/comments/vendors etc. regarding purchasing
appliance insurance for our home? Mostly new appliances but a very old
but still working fine, oil furnace.

The consensus is: (wait for it now) Scams.

Woman across the street fought a battle with one over her split system
AC/gas system for over a year. They kept trying to patch it on the cheap
and she spent just about all last summer with broken AC (mid-south/90+
degrees most of July & Aug).

She finally got a reporter from one of those "on your side" spots on the
TV news station to take an interest. Single mom with infant. They ate it
up. Only after this they finally fixed it.

That's the closest to personal experience I have. Just one story about
one particular company.