Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Converting a ATX PS to 13.8v

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Clint Sharp wrote:
Can anyone give a link to a site which covers modifying an ATX PS 12
volt rail to 13.8v in reasonably simple terms? I Googled for a couple
of hours last night and found answers from the bizarre to ridiculous.
The +12v output is rated at 20 amps and I only need 8 max.

Ahh, grasshopper, to modify the 12v rail first you must find the
voltage reference for the 5 v or 3.3 v rail, your journey will take you
into the realms of voltage dividers and the TL431.

Ain't got one of those.

Yes it has, Dave. With that particular supervisory IC, it's behind the
reference and feedback pins, and not an external discrete device, as I
previously explained ... If you're not understanding the principles of how
these things regulate, then I don't think you are going to get too far with
this project.

Arfa