Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 08:46:29 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus22110
scrawled the following:

On 2009-08-04, Chet wrote:
Interesting comment on the news this morning: sales of sodium silicate are
up.
Announcer said car dealers use the chemical to 'kill' engines so they can
never be repaired.
(Must be tied to the $4500 dollar rebates...)
So, do you pour it in the tank? Air cleaner?
Why does it work?

I hope that you do not need a password to read this (I have a full WSJ
logon)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1249...googlenews_wsj

I can post the entire article

I can't wait for the bad guys to buy some and ruin someone's precious
new car engine with it. sigh

--
A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all
impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and