Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default Sodium Silicate - engine killer...

Randy wrote:
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:33:30 -0400, "Chet" wrote:

Interesting comment on the news this morning: sales of sodium silicate are
up.
Announcer said car dealers use the chemical to 'kill' engines so they can
never be repaired.
(Must be tied to the $4500 dollar rebates...)
So, do you pour it in the tank? Air cleaner?
Why does it work?

So, Obama along with congress screws the poor man again, the supply of
used cars and used parts dries up. The guy/teenager/minimum wage
earner now needs to by a pricey fairly new car, or a cheap import like
a Kia or Hyundai.

WOW, there's only a three month supply of used cars in the whole
country? That is shocking! I'd think that people like us would be
thrilled, Imagine the hundreds I could get for that old motor in a few
months. I'm gonna start stockpiling 12 MPG motors like I was holding
onto primers!

There's a local car dealer in Allentown that's running radio ads along
these lines.

A Car DEALER!! Yeah that's where I go first when I want honest facts,
never been known to lead a guy astray, those car dealers!

(soon to be overheard at the local garage)
We could fix your car with an $800 junkyard engine if we could get
one, but I'm sorry they were all destroyed in the cash for clunkers
program, for $50 we can tow your car to the Kia dealer up the street.

From what I've heard they must also destroy the transmission too.
Maybe even the rear diff if a RWD car. No part of the drivetrain can
be resold.

FALSE! The transmission, drive shaft and rear-end can be sold as
separate parts.

But I know you whacko winger types are not bothered by the truth, and
surely wouldn't break a sweat looking for a fact before you post
something... So just go ahead and keep saying it.

For those with enough brains not to vote for Palin, here's the info...
http://www.cars.gov/files/amendment.pdf

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.