Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default DIY Wiki - Broken Links!

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

The reason I suggested that a W plan would not meet Part L is because
you have to heat the hot water up regardless of need on a W plan and
Best practice for boiler controls says that the HW and CH should be
provided with independant time controls.

Cheers

Adam

I don't think you're right. Unless I'm mistaken, if you turn HW off at the
programmer, the HW demand will be deemed to be satisfied, and it will go
straight to CH. Even if that is not the case, you could achieve the same
thing by turning the cylinder stat right down.
--
Cheers,
Roger

The Honeywell W plan download from here

http://www.honeywelluk.com/article.aspx?ai=sysplansdl

states that "the programmer should be one which does not allow heating to be
selected without hot water". (register yourself to get the downloads,
Honeywell will not know that you are not a company) or I can email you the
download if you want.

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/Schemes/w1.jpg

is the missing picture for the W plan diagam

You are correct in that you can turn the cylinder stat down. That would be a
PITA or impossible for most people (do you know many jobs I do where the
customer does not know where the fuse box/CU is?)

About 4 years ago (Christmas time see PS) I believe that you made a post
about W plans and using the HW off from the programmer to allow CH only. I
cannot find the post on Google. I remember not trying it in the end
(although I agreed with your idea at the time) as I worked out that the
boiler would fire up constantly.

I also found this for Y plans (the wiring diagram is actually incorrect, see
if you can spot it?)

http://content.honeywell.com/UK/homes/files/pag109.pdf

and this for S plans

http://content.honeywell.com/UK/homes/files/pag110.pdf

Are they any better as to the types of links you want to replace missing
ones for the Wiki?

To be honest, W plans are so rare that most people do not know about them,
but it would be good to still have a Wiki article that covers them to give
help when needed.

Cheers

Adam

PS Christmas time for sure as I was wearing a Santa outfit at the house I
mentioned in my reply to you.