Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default DIY Wiki - Broken Links!

ARWadsworth wrote:

The reason I suggested that a W plan would not meet Part L is because
you have to heat the hot water up regardless of need on a W plan and
Best practice for boiler controls says that the HW and CH should be
provided with independant time controls.

Cheers

Adam

I don't think you're right. Unless I'm mistaken, if you turn HW off at the
programmer, the HW demand will be deemed to be satisfied, and it will go
straight to CH. Even if that is not the case, you could achieve the same
thing by turning the cylinder stat right down.
--
Cheers,
Roger