Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Li Ion replacement

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 14:15:05 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 16:41:55 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 11:36:33 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

The Lithium Polymer battery is the most dangerous battery of its genre
on the planet.

Probably, but a Sodium Sulfur battery is more fun because it runs at
300C:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium-sulfur_battery
Molten Salt batteries, which run at about the same temperature, are
also fun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_battery

Yeah don't they use those for solar mirror array storage?

The sodium sulfur batteries are used in wind farms and solar
plantations for storing energy. Nothing like a few megawatts stored
in a small space. The molten salt batteries are used mostly in
missiles, artillery shells, bombs, and other places where you really
don't care about the condition of the battery near its end of life.
Add a little water to the metallic sodium, and you have a lovely
hydrogen-oxygen seperator, which at 350C, will merrily burn the
battery to the ground.

Note that the 1992 Ford Ecostar vehicle used a sodium sulfur battery.
http://www.greencar.com/articles/ford-ecostar-ev.php

Acetone and Camp Stove fuel are the staple reducers for Meth cookers
but they are looking for ways to use less volatile formulas. I guess
from what I saw lithium conversion is stable but doesn't produce as
pure of product but when you're hooked on that **** it doesn't really
matter what you jam in your arm as long as you get a buzz.

Bringing topic drift to a new all time low for sci.electronics.repair.

It's all probably a government conspiracy to kill off the meth addicts
by giving them a bad recipe and bad cooking instructions. Think of it
as accelerated evolution and saving tax dollars. The good may die
young, but so do the idiots.

Yeah contamination is a BIG deal. Just because the meth heads left
doesn't mean the meth and byproducts left too.

What I find disgusting is that most of the building contamination
problems are from the drug maker being in a hurry. Methamphetamine
hydrochloride isn't carried by the water evaporation process unless it
gets rapidly boiled off, which is often the case when the drug maker
is in a hurry. If they took their time, it wouldn't make as big a
mess. Kinda reminds me of my mis-spent youth making explosives. The
survivors were the slow and careful ones. Those in a hurry checked
out early.

People hooked un that
crap store it in the fridge right beside food, baby bottles
etc....It's a horrible chemical and after years of use it absolutely
destroys your nervous system.

Yeah, I've seen the results. Kinda messy. Standard procedure used to
be to give the newly arrested drug user a tour of the local neuro
rehab facility. That worked well for the recreational users, but not
for those that were physically addicted. However, the courts banned
this practice (possibly only in California) because it constituted
"cruel and unusual punishment".