Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default OT Who is "SID" and why has my bank card stopped working

Stuart B wrote:

I've had that with Abbey .....Automated system calls me up and I have
to call back and confirm some payments before they will release the
funds ....They also said if I hadn't called they'd have suspended the
card as well..What would have happened if meantime I'd gone abroad on
holiday and hadn't got the call ( and I know your supposed to warn
them you will be abroad but even so it could cause a lot of hassle)

I've just been called by my CC company over possible fraud. It seems it
was a bit odd for them to cope with me paying a hotel bill in Scotland,
a charge for the M6 toll, and then those untrustworthy bods at BT and
the local council all on the same day.

What kind of fraudster pays his phone bill and council tax on a stolen card?

Andy