Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default AB Landola semi-acoustic guitar electrics ,c 1960s

N_Cook wrote in message
Firstly a more suitable and appropriately active usenet forum for guitar
pickup rewinding etc ?
I worked out how to remove the electrics through the fretwork, all sorts

of
minor problems in the wiring etc but main one is no signal from one of the
pickups.
One pickup measures 7.7K and the other megohms.
I assume no capacitor inside that one . Maybe just a break in the rather
corroded and aged-looking screened wire but the other end is inside the
pickup brasswork. Before plumbing type desoldering the casing closure of

the
pickup, I could do with some advice, as a novice at this .

Another odd query - a wood screw through the wood of the sound box into
nothing. Under the plate that holds 2 of the pots was a few turns of wire.
Would the 2 have been connected via some now missing thick grounding foil
stuck on the inside of the wood, then that wood screw, screwed into some now
absent block to sandwich the foil?

There is some useful dating info on
http://www.landola.fi/dating_your_guitar.html
but to get it tighter the pots are 4 off 250K marked Prem (looks like) and
a 4, along with the 250K stamped into the monkey metal is the number 437.
Unfortunately 4 off the same pots so don't know if a type number or week 37
of 1964 . This one has serial number in the 109 thousands.
caps are marked ERD FOL and 2 vertical lines like mark 2