Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Parallel Jaw Clamps

Tom Veatch wrote:
After battling with a panel glue-up for way too long this afternoon,
I've decided to mortgage my firstborn and get some parallel jaw
clamps. There's several different brands, and I'm asking you guys what
kind you have, and what you wish might be a little different about
them.

Just a suggestion, but if you can find shops with the different brands,
_try_ them--the most important thing is that they fit your hand well enough
that you can sock them down without undo strain or discomfort.

Word of advice--when you get them, first thing, take some Butchers Wax or
Johnson Wax to them and wax _everything_--I can't speak personally for any
brand but Bessey, but on the Besseys Titebond sticks securely to the metal
and plastic parts and if it gets into the little teeth on the bar then it's
Hell to get out. I dunno what Bessey does to those parts but they should
bottle it and market it.