Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] me@myplace.com is offline

Default Parallel Jaw Clamps

I have never used them but I thought the clamps sold by Peachtree
Woodworking were neat. The handle pulls out and then swings sideways
so you can tighten them in those situations where you can't get your
fingers around a downward facing clamp. They don't seems as well
built as a Bessey, but having two or three on hand would be nice for
those times you back yourself into a corner....

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:00:33 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 16:46:17 -0500, dpb wrote:

Tom Veatch wrote:
After battling with a panel glue-up for way too long this afternoon,
I've decided to mortgage my firstborn and get some parallel jaw
clamps. There's several different brands, and I'm asking you guys what
kind you have, and what you wish might be a little different about
them.

They're all so over-priced imo I've never bought anything except pipe
clamps for heavy work and the lite-weight bar clamps for anything else
that doesn't need either the reach or the length...

If I were ever in a real production environment, perhaps; but I'm
thinking I'd still just fabricate a somewhat better version of the t-bar
version rather than spend what appears to me to be obscene amounts for
commercial clamps...

I used pipe clamps until I found a 50% off sale on Bessey clamps. The
pipe clamps are rarely used, but they still get used when my Bessey
clamps are used up.