Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Good bandsaw blade for cutting 1" mild steel?

On Aug 2, 5:49*pm, Louis Ohland wrote:
* *I would like to get a good bandsaw blade for cutting mild steel. At
present, the blade that came with my Jet 5x6 is akin to using a dinner
knife on pine.

Any favorites?

That import stuff is the next thing to banding iron. Get a good Lenox
bimetal blade. 14 TPI should work, you might be able to go coarser
and/or get some of the fancier tooth forms if this is a production
thing and cutting speed is an item of interest. I keep 14, 18 and 24
TPI blades on hand, one pitch just doesn't do it all. Cutting wax
stick helps with some of the tougher stuff.

Stan