Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shielding an A/C Compressor/Condenser Unit

On Sun 02 Aug 2009 10:24:42a, HeyBub told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Thanks, Dennis. This is very interesting information that I didn't
know. However, I am less concerned in improving performance (it is
more than adequate), than I am in wanting to minimize deterioration
from the constant sun exposure.

The house and A/C are both 3 years old. The A/C is a 13 seer 3-1/2
ton unit. It appears to be properly sized for the house.

Paint the exposed parts with higly-reflective and durable paint.

That may be a viable alternative. Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright
The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and