Posted to alt.home.repair
ben[_3_] ben[_3_] is offline

Default Latex mattresses: Why are they better?

One reason why I was looking at foam and in particular
late was that I am supposed to tilt my bed so that my
head is 6 inches higher than my feet. *I do this cause
I have gastric reflux or GERD at night.

With a conventional mattress.... since it has more mass
and is heavier... there is a tendency for everything to
"slide south" at night. G

My wife has GERD and has the same requirement. She sleeps on a latex
mattress. She has it on a futon frame that folds, and we have the
upper portion tilted up. She has no issues with the mattress sliding
down.

I also forgot to mention that latex is cool in the summer while memory
foam is not.

I tried a tempurpedic before I got a latex. Luckily they have a money
back guarantee. The thing made the whole house smell like a chemical
factory. It was unbelievable. Burned my eyes, made me cough, etc.
Same with my wife. I suppose some people won't be as sensitive as I
am, but I found it intolerable.