Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Parallel Jaw Clamps

"Tom Veatch" wrote in message
After battling with a panel glue-up for way too long this afternoon,
I've decided to mortgage my firstborn and get some parallel jaw
clamps. There's several different brands, and I'm asking you guys what
kind you have, and what you wish might be a little different about
them.

For glue-up type assembly, I usually use some of the older type Bessies.
It's very convenient that they sit flat and have wide block faces, something
I need from my seated position. In regards to brand, (Gross Stabil,
Cabinetmasters, Bessey) they're all pretty much similar in my opinion, so if
I were you, I'd go and handle the various types for personal hands on
preference and at the same time, keep your eyes open for sales deals. What I
like in the feel of parallel jaw clamps, you might find irritating, so you
really need to handle them yourself before deciding. They're all relatively
expensive, so unless there's a really good deal to be had somewhere, I
wouldn't base my choice solely on price.