Andrew Barss

Default Dust Collectors; what micron size on bag?

Wade Lippman wrote:
: Bags are typically 30 micron or 5 micron, with a few even smaller.

: I understand that a 30 bag will pass fine dust that a 5 bag will catch, but
: it is it really noticable over the other dust in the shop? If so, how do
: good brands get away with selling 30 bags?

: If you are sharp you will pick up that I am trying to rationalize buying a
: 30 bag, but need to be talked out of it.

the really hazardous stuff is sub 1 micron. Large particles your lungs
can clear, but the smallest ones go in there and don't come out.

A 30 or 5 micron bag will make your shop look dustless, and than can be
nice, but isn't going to do much of anything for your health.

Get a bag, or a canister filter plus cyclone, that
can get the finest dust.

-- Andy Barss