Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Waterproof Membrane for water run off

I didn't see your first post. I think you will find one of the 10
or 15 mil vapor barriers your best choice.

Example:
Perminator
http://www.wrmeadows.com/wrm00068.htm

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:04:54 -0400,
wrote:

I'm using gravel to provide an incline for water run off away
from the
house Managed to snag a load of gravel for nothing, so might as
well use it. Plus this is under the eaves of a house and the
gutters
occasionally leak and overflow, so gravel is being used to
prevent erosion.

I have one layer of gravel inclined away from the house and
would
like to place a waterproof membrane over this layer, and then
place
another layer of gravel on top. The first layer is already
inclined
away from the house.

What type of membrane or plastic sheeting would be best to
use? Something that is fairly durable and long lasting.

Thanks in advance !!

Peter

Thanks again for all the responses..... the pond liner
membrane
seems to be the best and is readily available. Roofing
material
is a second best. Both are good suggestions for the purpose.

Torrential downpours, those who have experienced them know
what they are like..... those who haven't experienced them
haven't
a clue. This is Maryland, the humidity bowl of the East,
with
the Chesapeake on one side and the mountains on the other. July
and August temps in the 90's and occasionally triple digits.
High
humidity... I was actually watching the haze from evaporating
water
yesterday while the thunderheads were starting to grow... hours
later
it was coming down in buckets. An hour later the sun was out
again.

Anyway... as always, thanks for sharing your knowledge and
experience. The people in this newsgroup are the most helpful
in
the world !!!

Peter