Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Porch light keeps blowing bulb

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
All right, I'll give you the lumens per watt inefficiency, but I still
use far less electricity by dimming my lights than I would by leaving
them on full. I'd much rather have three softly glowing lights in a
room, than two lights off and one on full. People tend to light their
homes much too harshly, IME. Closets included.

Unless you have lots of lights the price differance will not be that great.
To get the best retrurn for the dollar, use some 25 watt or so bulbs instead
of using 60 watt or larger bulbs and dimming them. It only takes a small
reduction of power usge in a bulb to make a big differance in the ammount of
light output.
You need to run the bulbs at full power , but less wattage bulbs to save the
money.
Then you have to check to see how long a higher wattage bulb will last at
reduced voltage to come out in the long run.