Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cheapdave@home.com is offline

Default concrete slab for shed

There is no permit required if shed is under 200 sq ft. shed can be 5' from
property line as long as it has eve trough. I can build it any way I want
according to building inspector. my neighbor built a shed few years ago,
little smaller than mine. same conditions I have. He poured 4" concrete slab
that he filled several inches with sand to level, roughly the same as I am
doing, and he used no steel no moisture barrier, and no footing. He did
place one row of blocks, and advised me to do the same.(I was planning to
construct walls directly on slab but he says 2x4 plates at bottom of wall
will rot) He filled and raised area around slab with black dirt and sloped
away. so far he is in pretty good shape he is farther from property line
though. he has been having some minor moisture problems......would like to
know if I put in quality moisture barrier can I then build on slab? Thanks