Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default @#$% Moen faucet handle...

On Aug 2, 6:51*am, Nate Nagel wrote:
I have an old Moen faucet in my bathroom... it's one of those single
handle deals. *In a fit of domesticity, I removed the handle (clear
plastic) and scrubbed off all the built up lime etc. so it looked nice.
* Now the plastic cap that hides the mounting screws won't stay on- it's
retained by an O-ring. *I went to the local plumbing place and bought a
new O-ring that looked the same as the old one, and it worked for maybe
2-3 days - I just brushed my teeth and when I pushed the handle to turn
the water off, the cap stuck to the palm of my hand and now it's sitting
on the counter again.

Does anyone know where I could mail-order a replacement handle? *this
thing's got to be at least 30 years old because the PO's of my house
weren't the type of people that I'd expect to replace fixtures. *Or
should I just buy a new faucet and be done with it? *I was kind of
putting that off because I suspect a full bath redo is in the vague future.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Mine did the same, i just put some latex caulk on a spot as a glue and
know where I have to pry up next time.