Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Gee what a health care? plan...

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

"At a recent town hall meeting, a man stood up and told Representative Bob
Inglis to "keep your government hands off my Medicare." The congressman, a
Republican from South Carolina, tried to explain that Medicare is already a
government program - but the voter, Mr. Inglis said, "wasn't having any of
it.""

The sad thing is that many of the people that are clamoring for the public option or
single payer have absolutely no clue when it comes to the cost of providing it.

It seems like every time this is discussed in the call in segments of Cspan Washington
Journal I hear people calling in saying that they wouldn't mind paying a 100 dollars a
month for health care or some similar absurdly low amount.

I'd like to know what health insurance for federal workers costs. How much is paid by the
US Government and what is paid for by the worker. Then I'd have an idea of what the
'public option' would cost.

Wes