Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Should be shot...

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in
:

OK,

There is a similar string in Sawmill Creek that I posted.

I have had issues with being able to saw to a line with my hand saws.
I discovered that if I marked the cutline with a carmine red Col-Erase
pencil, my cuts improved significantly. My lighting is fluorescent and
I have an Ott lamp for illuminating the work.

Have you experienced anything like this?

Interestingly, yes. I don't know why, but it seems like using a standard
#2 pencil allows me to be more accurate in my woodworking marks and
measurements than using a 0.5mm mechanical pencil. By lowering the
precision, I've increased the accuracy.

Well, we'll see how well it's working out with my latest project... I've
got about 90 pencil lines I've had to match up with the jig for cutting
mortises. If everything works out, I'll have little trouble assembling
the dog gate.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking