Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Dacon[_4_] Tom Dacon[_4_] is offline

Default Should be shot...

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

"Upscale" wrote in message

It's been awful quiet here lately. Don't know if it's the summer thing
and
everybody is off doing something else, but the silence is deafening.

I should be shot for saying it, but even the political rhetoric would be
welcome change if only so people post a woodworking related message just
change the subject.

Tim, you're limited to TWO MESSAGES!!!

OK,

There is a similar string in Sawmill Creek that I posted.

I have had issues with being able to saw to a line with my hand saws. I
discovered that if I marked the cutline with a carmine red Col-Erase
pencil, my cuts improved significantly. My lighting is fluorescent and I
have an Ott lamp for illuminating the work.

Have you experienced anything like this?

Mine improved when I started knifing the line and placing a worklight kind
of low so that it left a sharp shadow line in the score.

Tom Dacon