Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Should be shot...

"Upscale" wrote in message

It's been awful quiet here lately. Don't know if it's the summer thing and
everybody is off doing something else, but the silence is deafening.

I should be shot for saying it, but even the political rhetoric would be a
welcome change if only so people post a woodworking related message just
change the subject.

It has been quiet. Perhaps others are in the same boat as me in that they
haven't had much shop time lately. Did have a rush job for a coffin for the
Boy Scout camp last week though... Today it was too hot and humid for yard
work so I resumed working on a project that stalled at the end of March.
I've got a couple projects that need a couple to three or four days to
finish that I hope to complete by September. I also have charity auction
items to make before October. So many things to do that I don't have time
for my paying job... but glad to have one in these times!

On the up side, tomorrow I'm going to test assemble and run my recently
acquired 36" bandsaw. We're going to test the bearing run out and
lubrication on the wheel bearings (dial indicator and thermal temperature
readings). The bearings "feel" OK but now is the time to do a real
inspection before moving it out of the commercial motor/generator shop where
we're doing the work. I'm doing this with an eye towards having it at my
shop in the next few weeks.

John