Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Window film to block sun heat

"SteveB" wrote in
:

"RicodJour" wrote in message
.
.. On Jul 31, 10:58 am, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
I watched the guy applying the 3M film on our patio single pane
windows. It comes many different shade and color.
No backing for sure. On a clean glass, he thinly applied ivory gentle
liquid soap put on precut film sheet and squeeze out over and over
until there is no bubbles. just few minutes effort. Just like hanging
wall paper.

That few minutes of effort came after a lot of practice. The pros make
it look like a piece of cake but the application frustrates a lot of
DIYers.

It's like welding. It's like ANYTHING. After you do it a couple of
thousand hours, it is easy and looks easy to an onlooker. And I don't
care what it is. Even brain surgery.

Steve

welding is more fun.

--