Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default On Topic - Transparent Aluminum

Let the Record show that Larry Jaques
on or about Fri, 31 Jul 2009 21:14:56 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:27:32 -0700, the infamous pyotr filipivich
scrawled the following:

Let the Record show that Larry Jaques
on or about Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:43:10 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:14:41 -0700, the infamous pyotr filipivich
scrawled the following:

Let the Record show that cavelamb on or about
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:53:04 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

As for the Star Trek movie, regular aluminum wouldn't allow us to see the
whales! What fun would that be???

I still ask "Has the federation forgotten about Plexiglas?"

Yes, it's old hat. TA is so much more clear and strong that plexi was
retired many stardates ago.

Oh, sort of like asking for good old fashioned wrought iron nails.

Not quite, as those're still available.
http://www.fagansforge.com/store/car...&category_id=7
(My google fu is strong. It begat 444,000 hits)

Yeah, they're available. But would you want to use them to build
a house? I'm talking more about the cost. You know, the old "weight
in pounds per thousand equals the price each in pence[Detritus - hence
the d]" back when 10 pence was a fair wage.
I've done woodworking with hand tools - no power tools at all. As
a hobby, it is fine. But you realize why power tools were invented.
And that extends to machine made nails vs the traditional hand
hammered ones.

tschus
pyotr
-