Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Porch light keeps blowing bulb

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:43:29 -0700, Dave wrote:

About every 5th time (+/-) the light is turned on the bulb blows.
Sometimes it can go a dozen times, sometimes just a couple times.
There are other lights on the same circuit and they don't experience the
same problem.

I'm going to get into it this weekend to check the line voltage and make
sure all of the connections at the light and switch box are secure and
insulated but I can't imagine a loose connection or even a short would
blow a bulb (am I wrong on this?).

What else should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

-Dave

An electrical appliance, motor, etc on the same circuit can cause a
voltage variance. Have you tried other brands of light bulbs?

IIRC they used to make things for the bulb socket. One was a diode, the
other was a thermistor, I think. Are those still around and useful?