Edwin Pawlowski

Default Table Saw questions

"Poseidon" wrote in message

On the other side of the spectrum I've been looking at the Grizzly
contractor saw ($720 shipped) and figure I could buy a router and a Router
Lift system for another $500-600. I like the integral router table/table saw
system, but I remember reading that some people reverted back to a dedicated
router table. Please feel free to share your opinions on this subject.

My thoughts:
Do you have the space for a router table? If not, the tableboard of the saw
is a great place and cheaper.

If you have the room, I'd go for a separate table.
If you have the router setup for a particular operation, it wil not be
disturbed if you need to use the saw.
Dust collection is easier to build into a stand alone cabinet and fence.
Less chance of damaging a router ibt when you move the tablesaw fence in
that direction.
Dedicated router fence can have featherboards or stops attached easily.
Ed