Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Non-Plumbing PVC Projects---What have you used it for?

On Jul 30, 2:59*pm, SMS wrote:
Yesterday I was struggling with a pool maintenance task that I have to
do 2-3 times a year, and I decided to build a PVC fixture to make the
task less of a hassle. It made the job way easier. Guess what it's for
(the top + piece isn't glued down and is removable).

* * * "http://i26.tinypic.com/117cm80.jpg"

I also built a nice PVC cart to store my kayaks, with wheels so I can
roll the cart out to the driveway when I load the kayaks onto the car.

* * * "http://i31.tinypic.com/dm4mki.jpg"

What other non-plumbing uses have people found for PVC, beyond racks for
shoes.

1 - I attached 2' sections of 2" PVC to a piece of plywood and hung it
from the side of a garden cart to carry rakes, shovels and brooms.

2 - I've made shipping containers for long thin objects (e.g. steel
stock) from PVC pipe.

3 - I rebuilt a garden bench and used PVC pipe to dip-stain the wood
strips. Dip, hang, done.

4 - I used a 4' section of PVC pipe as a breaker bar to loosen the
ball from my hitch receiver.

5 - I made cable tensioners with a 1" length of 2" PVC, an eyebolt and
a couple of nuts.

I'm sure there were other uses that don't come to mind right now.