Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gluing washing machine plastic?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:

Three and a half things have worked for me with polyolefins
If its a large surface evostik old fashioned solvent based contact

No longer available. There's something claiming to be it still
around, but it has a different solvent, and doesn't work anything
like as well as original evostick used to. Apparently EU banned
the original solvent.

Car body filler
Hot glue.
Epoxy half works.

I had an unexpected success repairing a hinge pin which snapped
off an internal freezer compartment door. I held the two broken
ends over a small gas flame for a moment until the surface
melted, and then pushed them together. Seems to be better than
it was originally, having now lasted much longer than it did
before it broke.

--
Andrew Gabriel