Posted to alt.home.repair
K K is offline

Default What is the best product - Pls. ignore. Have no idea why this posted twice.

Kate wrote:
Kate wrote:
Three years ago I had a builder rip out my small front steps, and
rebuild it with TREX. The product is flaking and staining big time.

Has anyone heard about a product called Timbertek?

Would you use Timbertek, TREX (hoping you don't get another faulty
batch) or go back to redwood?

Many thanks.

Kate

Look at your Trex warranty. If you got a bad batch just 3 yrs ago, they
should replace it. If it's just small steps you don't need much. My Trex
deck, which is 800sf, looks just like it did after the original fade, give
or take a few stains that have nothing to do with the decking.